Thursday, June 21, 2012

When I Am Weak

Something jumped out at me from the book of Acts this morning. Chapter 4 verse 13 says, "Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus." Peter and John had been preaching the gospel of Christ in Jerusalem, and according to this verse, the religious leaders of the city, when they heard what was spoken, remembered that they had been with Jesus. Their lives pointed these leaders to Jesus. But what was it about them that pointed them to Jesus? Was it the message they preached? That may have very well been part of it, but this verse says that they took knowledge of them that they had been with Jesus when they saw their boldness and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men. Christ isn't looking for some Einstein to share his gospel. He uses the weak to confound the mighty (1 Corinthians 1:27). God chooses to show Himself mighty through our weaknesses.

Now when I feel too ignorant of the gospel to share it with others, I will remember this passage. I will remember that "when I am weak, then am I strong." Lord, humble me. Show Yourself mighty in my weaknesses, and let others see You through me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment