Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Call to Cameroon?

I honestly thought that God's provision before this trip to Cameroon was a sure sign that He would distinctly show me where He would have me go as a full-time missionary. I was wrong. There was no "calling" to Cameroon. There was no kick in the pants. No "spiritual revelation." But God did teach me something much more important. Steve Anderson, a missionary who gave the devotions on the trip said this: "All too often, peoples' mindset is, 'Lord, I'll stay, but I am willing to go wherever you want me,' when it should be, 'Lord, I'll go, but I am willing to stay if you want me to." That was me. "I am willing to go." But being willing to go and going are two different things. What is the Great Commission? Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. Was God asking us to do something? No. It was a definite command. There was no calling. No kick in the pants. No spiritual revelation. He just wants me to go.

Maybe I'll be in Ghana working with the people of the Adutwi village. Maybe I'll be in Cameroon, working with Rosemary to start a school for the Muslim Fulani people. Maybe I'll be in Uganda, rescuing women from prostitution. I don't know where I am going. I just know I am going. I will simply walk through the open doors God puts in front of me, and it will be up to Him to shut them.

1 comment:

  1. I love that, Savannah! What a blessing to have that mindset!

    ReplyDelete