Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cameroon: 7/5/12

My morning started when I woke up at 6:00 this morning -- wrapped in my hoodie and fuzzy socks -- freezing cold -- in Africa!!! I guess anywhere would be cold at the altitude we are. Breakfast was served at 8:00 -- homemade cinnamon raisin bread and scrambled eggs! Mrs. Sinclair is such a resourceful cook. You have to be when you don't have average American ingredients. This morning we headed straight to the church -- a good 15 minute walk from the Sinclairs' home. We have tried to avoid taking the vehicles since they have had a hard time on these muddy roads.

After lunch we had plans to go to this awesomely epic waterfall nearby, but God had other plans. The bus broke down halfway there. The group decided to split in half. One half would go to the falls in the Sinclairs' car, and the other would stay and hike to some amazing rock formations down a trail very near the place we broke down. I have never seen such beautiful scenery. I topped the hill, and the view took my breath away. Some of us (myself included) decided to hike down the side of a ravine to locate the source of the sound of a waterfall. It turned out to be not that amazing of a waterfall, but the hike was fun, and exhilarating! What's more, Pastor Sinclair was able to witness to Genesis, our guide. See? God's plans are ALWAYS better than ours.





Pastor Steve Anderson gave a great Bible study in the importance of the blood of Christ. Afterward we had choir practice with the nationals. They sing so beautifully!

And WOW! I just showered African style! (I.e. with a gallon bucket of warm water...)

God's been so good. Good night!

1 comment: