Sunday, July 8, 2012

Cameroon 7/8/12

This is gonna be quick because I am exhausted.

Breakfast = granola

As I was getting ready this morning, Mrs. Peterson asked me if I wanted to run children's church for both morning services. I accepted! I taught the story of Naaman (thank goodness my mom had done this story just about a week ago so it was still fresh on my mind,) Mrs. Peterson, Sarah, and I were coming up with stuff to entertain the kids on the fly. It was really fun, but very exciting. Our service in Bamenda ran much more smoothly since the one in Bambili was like a practice run. In the church services this morning I believe about 4 people accepted Christ! Praise the Lord!



We didn't end up getting back to the house until 4:00. By then we were starving! Mrs. Sinclair had made us a lunch of blt sandwiches.

The rest of the day was spent fellowshipping with visiting missionaries. One of the visitors was a single lady named Rosemary. I was able to talk with her a good bit about being a single missionary in Africa. She was such a blessing.
Rosemary Craven and her nephew, Will.
Oh! How could I forget! I got to see my new friend Maurine this morning in Bamenda. She gave me a ring as a token of our friendship. She had mentioned yesterday that she had been sick for awhile (I won't disclose her sickness) and that she could not afford the medicine to treat it. She has been fasting I think for over 3 days begging God for help. Today I gave her the money she needed to treat her sickness -- a total of $6 in U.S. currency. She was soooo happy. She said that God had answered her prayers. We are going to be keeping in touch by email through Pastor Ben. Before we parted today, she asked of me one thing. It wasn't money. It wasn't a menial token. It was a Bible. She wanted me to send her a durable Bible when I got back to America. She has one, but it is a cheaply made one whose cover has fallen off. Without hesitation I jotted a note in my own Bible and gave it to her. I thought she was about to cry. Her sister Frances was almost as excited as she.
Me and my buddy Maurine.
Since I didn't have a Bible anymore, I borrowed one from Pastor Ben's church. It has a picture of Africa on the front cover! I asked Pastor if I could buy it from him, and he said I could keep it! (but I'm definitely giving him a donation).

I am praying seriously for God to send me here. I see so much need that needs to be met and so many people that need the love of my Savior.

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord He met her needs through you!! Such a precious post!!! I wish y'all had a thousand Bibles to pass out to these precious people!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! I'm enjoying your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful to hear how God is using you and the others to give out the Gospel to these precious people! His Word is the best medicine you could offer anyone. So happy for the way God is leading you, Savannah. Love you!

    ReplyDelete