Saturday, June 7, 2014

Cameroon: 6/5/14

What do you do when 4 orphans sit in your lap (2 at a time) throughout a 3 hour graduation ceremony? You get hot. You get really hot. Oh, but those precious moments were the highlights of my day -- exchanging tickles, gentle strokes, and lots and lots of kisses. Kids that are starved for love will pull anyone's heartstrings. Bring the heat!

After that ceremony, the administrators inviited us for soda and soye again. My dad has become a quick favorite around here. He could sit and talk to people all day if we didn't drag him away.

Liberman showed us around the mission compound for a longtime, giving us the opportunity for much more interaction with the nationals.

Names I learned today: 1. Aggie -- my little cuddler/kisser
2. Pascal -- my sweet, shy boy who likes to hug
3. Serg -- lay his head in my lap. Occasionally, he looked up at me with the biggest brown eyes and smiled a smile as if to say, "I'm so happy you're here."
4. Stephen -- one of the workers here who is kind of a gopher for the Chamberlins
5. Amelia -- an orphan who is constantly checking in on Mrs. Chamberlin. Mrs. Chamberlin is very ill right now with a chest cold.
6. Caleb -- boy who gives me shy smiles every time he sees me
7. Grace -- a 2nd grade teacher and Liberman's wife
8. Evette -- a 2nd grade teacher
9. Joyce -- Liberman and Grace's daughter named after Joyce Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment