Friday, June 13, 2014

Cameroon: June 10, 2014

I am writing this on June 11. I don't remember much of what happened yesterday. All I know is that I was dead tired by last night.

I helped prepare crafts and fliers for VBS. I went with the orphans again to distribute the fliers (Dad went too.) This time, we went to a really hilly section of the village and got lots of exercise! Adults and children alike would often point at us and say, "White man! White man!" Once when a group of kids said it, I pointed at them and said, "Black man! Black man!" They really got a kick out of that, and we made a few new friends. As soon as we returned, Liberman and his wife Grace took my dad and me to the Limbe market to buy souvenirs.

The rest of the evening was spent preparing for VBS and chatting with 3 of the older orphans during a power outage (quite a common occurrence here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment