Friday, June 27, 2014

Uganda: June 22, 2014

Sunday the 22nd came, and with it, more bitter goodbyes. I was already under deep emotional stress, and the Cameroon airport didn't help my stress with the way they run things. When I finally got to the correct gate, I grabbed my Bible and started reading it. After waiting well well past the time we were supposed to board, I leaned to the man next to me and asked, "Has our flight been delayed or something?" He said, "Yes, for one hour." I said something to the effect of, "Well, I hope it doesn't make me miss my connection. I guess all we can do is trust God to get us where we need to go." He smiled and pointed to my Bible and said, "I can tell that you are a Christian and that you love God." Well, as you can imagine, my little comment about trusting God opened the door for me to witness to him. He did not accept Christ, but he was definitely deep in thought about everything I told him. Pray that someone will be able to harvest the fruit from the seed that has been sown.

I arrived in Entebbe past midnight. Kerri Phillips and a missionary in Entebbe named Mr. Joiner took me to his house. Sarah, another visitor, was also staying there and will be traveling up to Soroti with us. We (Kerri, Sarah, and I) stayed up until 3:00 watching USA play Portugal in the World Cup. I was only awake for the first half.

No comments:

Post a Comment