Sunday, June 15, 2014

Cameroon: June 14, 2014

Spent all morning working on the website. Left the house at 12:00 to take Dad to the airport. Stopped at a craft center to buy a couple of souvenirs in Douala.

Aunt Paula's plane arrived a little late (5:00), and we didn't even get to see her until 6:00! I started tearing up when I hugged my daddy goodbye, and if you know me, tearing up is quite a feat. Dad said his plane will not provide a meal, so I sent him with a chicken salad kit for supper. I hope they allow him to take it through customs.

Arriving back at the compound was bittersweet. I already miss my dad. But my second family was waiting here to greet me with big smiles. Stephen was especially excited because he thought that I had gone back to America with Dad.

I am so excited to get to know my auntie better in the next week. She is a spitfire, and these Cameroonians already love her (Whenever they offer her a hand to shake, she gives them a high five instead.)

No comments:

Post a Comment