Friday, June 13, 2014

Cameroon: June 12, 2014

I got up super early this morning to prepare my lessons and my crafts for VBS today. I taught the stories of Daniel and of Jonah and came up with lots of games for them to play. I had really wanted to get my hands on a couple of balls for a few of my games, but here in Africa, you've got to improvise sometimes. I made 2 softball-size balls from 2 pairs of fuzzy socks. They were a hit! We played everything form silent ball to dodge ball with those things.

Immediately after VBS, Stephen, Mr. Chamberlin, Pastor Echo, Dad, and I took a short leisurely trip up the mountain to the city of Buea. Beautiful place full of well-preserved German buildings from WWII days.

As soon as we got back from Buea, I quickly came up with a solo piece and headed to church. My dad gave a message called "Fact, Faith, and Feeling."

After church, I went to the orphanage to visit with the kids and read them the 2nd half of The Lion King for their bedtime story.

I am so tired right now that I can't keep my eyes open. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment