Saturday, June 14, 2014

Cameroon: June 13, 2014

Today was a blast! I slept in a little (7:30), and bymade coffee, fixed breakfast, and got ready for the day, Peter came to our apartment and visited for at least an hour. In that time, we told him about ultimate frisbee and asked him if he wouuld like to join us for a game after lunch. So after lunch, all the orphans and Peter met us on the soccer field outside the gates. Even Elizabeth, one of the teachers, joined us. As if teaching people how to throw a frisbee wasn't fun enough, we played a quick gameof ultimate frisbee. They caught on really quickly. Peter left at 4:00 to watch Cameroon play Mexico in the World Cup. When he left, the kids asked if we could play soccer. For the next 2 hours, we got our tails whooped by a bunch of extremely talented kid soccer stars. I don't think I have even been more filthy in my entire life. Red mud. Caking my feet, my legs, my arms, my clothes. No ringworm yet!

After dinner I started a new project for Mrs. Chamberlin. I am helping her design a website for the mission. It looks really sharp so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment