Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Cameroon: June 21, 2014

The past few days are a blur. I spent June 21 getting the Chamberlins' website up and running. I also had 3 sessions with the lock-in girls. After the evening session, I said my goodbyes to my new lady friends. My heart hurt -- it hurt badly. And then my heart was virtually ripped in two when I had to say goodbye to the children. So many tears -- shed by me and the children. I read them their last bedtime story and gave them the little gifts I brought for them. I've never been so sad to leave a place. If God does not choose to lead me a different direction, I cannot see myself anywhere but in Cameroon. Even here in Uganda, I find myself comparing it to Cameroon. I can't explain it. My heart is being tugged back to those Cameroonians.


No comments:

Post a Comment