Saturday, June 28, 2014

Uganda: June 24, 2014

Well, it's my birthday, and once again I am in Africa -- Uganda, in fact, and as soon as I woke up, I saw a big card under my door signed by all the orphans.

Today has been relaxing. Woke up at 8:30, made Keurig coffee and banana/coconut smoothies for breakfast, got ready for the day, had tea with the school kids at 10:30, went to town with Kerri and Sarah to get some things from the market. Kerri treated me to lunch at a cute little cafe' in town. Best chicken shish-ka-bobs I've ever had.

Played with the orphans some this afternoon and talked for at least an hour with Jeremy Pittman, the missionary in charge here. He asked me what my goals are for this trip and asked me what he could be praying for me about. He was so encouraging and down-to-earth.

For dinner, we had pizza of all things, and Kerri surprised me by making a birthday cake complete with candles that were really fireworks (about gave me a heart attack!) The cake was already more than enough,  but the missionaries all put in some money to send me on a safari on Thursday and Friday! I was shocked and humbled. What an act of selflessness!

No comments:

Post a Comment