Monday, June 30, 2014

Uganda: June 30, 2014

I started tutoring in phonics and letter recognition this morning at 8:40 and finished at 11:00. At 1:00, I ate potatoes, cabbage, and chapatas (African tortillas) with the kids. My favorite part of the day was teaching a 5th grade spelling and reading class. It was my first time since I've been here that I've really had a chance to bond with the orphans. All afternoon I played basketball with some little ones, and later, Kerri, a few of the teens, and I had an intense game of 2-1. I made French toast, and Sarah made eggs for our supper. Kerri and Pamela were super tired and needed a break! And I had better take a break for bed before another busy day tomorrow! Jeremy Pittman wants to take Sarah and me to the local hospital to see the quality of health care here in Soroti.

No comments:

Post a Comment